Context actions are quick actions that take advantage of the content of your notes. Context actions allow you to perform quick tasks like calling a phone number, opening a web page or viewing an address in Maps. Each content type has a primary action and a set of secondary actions associated, which can be configured in settings. For example, the primary action of a phone number could be “Call phone number”, the secondary actions would include “Send a message to this phone number”, “Search phone number on Google” and “Delete note”.
Actions can be used in a variety of places:
Swipe left on a note and
- tap on the blue button to trigger the default action for the content type (e.g. call a phone number)
- tap on the gray “More” button to show a menu with additional actions. These actions are identical for all notes
Actions can be configured in the “General” section of the settings menu.
Notification Center Widget
- Tap on a note to show a button with the note’s default action
- Call phone numbers or open addresses directly from Spotlight search results
- Call phone numbers or open addresses directly on your Apple Watch