If you don’t need a note anymore, you can move it into the trash. This can be accomplished in multiple ways:
- Open a note and tap on the trash icon in the lower right corner
- In the list of notes, swipe to the left on a note and tap on the trash icon
- 3D Touch on a note, swipe upwards and tap on “Delete note”
- In the list of notes, tap on the multi-select icon in the lower left corner, select one or more notes and tap on the arrow in the upper right corner. Tap on “Move to trash”
- In the widget, tap on a note and select the trash icon
- Open a note and tap on the trash icon in the symbol bar
- Select a note and press the delete button on your keyboard
- Right-click on a note and select “Delete”
- Drag a note and drop it into the trash in the left column
- In the menu bar, click on “Edit” => “Delete entry”
- If you own a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar: Select a note and tap the trash icon on your Touch Bar
The note won’t be deleted permanently but moved into the trash instead. Notes inside the trash are only available locally on your device and vanish from other devices.
You can open the trash via the category menu and restore or permanently delete the note from there:
- In the list of notes, tap on the folder icon in the upper left corner to open the category picker
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Open trash”
- Swipe left or right on the note and select “Restore” or “Delete”
You can also delete all notes in the trash at once by tapping on the trash icon.
- Click on “Trash” in the left column
- Select a note and
- click on the cross button to permanently delete the note
- click on the checkmark button to restore the note. Alternatively, you can also drag the note into a category or the inbox
Click on the trash button to delete all notes in the trash at once.