SnipNotes saves your notes automatically during editing and usually transfers them to your other devices within seconds. If this automatic synchronization does not work properly, you can usually fix the issue by following these steps.
You should perform each step first on the device which has all notes locally available. If this doesn’t help, repeat the step on your other devices as well.
Check your settings
First, please make sure that iCloud is correctly configured on your devices:
Open the settings app and tap on your name right at the top. Below your name appears your email address, which is used to sign into iCloud. This address must be identical on all your devices.
Tap on “iCloud”, scroll down and make sure that the two switches “iCloud Drive” and “SnipNotes” are enabled.
Now open SnipNotes, tap on the cogwheel icon in the lower right corner, tap on “General” and verify that the switch “Enable iCloud” is active.
Open system settings and click on “iCloud”. On the left side under your name, you see your email address, which is used to sign into iCloud. This address must be identical on all your devices.
In the same window, check that “iCloud Drive” is enabled. Click on “Options …” in this row to list all apps, that are allowed to use iCloud on your Mac. Make sure that SnipNotes appears in this list and the checkbox next to it is active.
Now open SnipNotes, click on the cogwheel icon in the upper left corner and verify (in the “General” tab) that “Enable iCloud synchronization” is checked.
Please try a manual synchronization:
- iOS: Pull down the list of notes until the small spinning wheel is fully visible. Lift your finger
- macOS: Click on the “Synchronize” button in the toolbar (two rotating arrows)
Reset iCloud Synchronization
If a manual synchronization has no effect, it can be helpful to reset the iCloud synchronization. This will do two things:
- Upload all your local notes and categories to iCloud
- Download all available data from iCloud
To reset the iCloud synchronization, perform the following steps. If your notes are still available on another device, perform these steps on both devices.
- Open the settings menu in SnipNotes (cogwheel icon)
- Select the row “Troubleshooting”
- Tap on “Reset” in the iCloud section and wait until the small wheel disappears
- Open SnipNotes and click on “SnipNotes” => “Settings…” in the menu bar
- Switch to the tab “Troubleshooting”
- Click on the button “Reset synchronization” and wait until the small wheel next to the button disappears
Get in touch with me
If following these steps doesn’t solve your issue, please get in touch with me. I’m happy to help!