I’m happy to introduce a major new update for SnipNotes. Besides some of the most frequently requested features like subcategories and iCloud synchronization for Apple Watch, this version also includes a few changes for new and existing customers, which I would like to talk about first:
- New users can now unlock SnipNotes with a single in-app purchase for iOS and Mac. Both apps are available as a free download on the App Store.
- Subcategories require a one-time upgrade for existing customers within the app. This purchase unlocks the feature for both iOS and macOS. If you have purchased SnipNotes Plus after January 1, 2023, you will automatically gain access to subcategories. All other new features are available free of charge for existing customers.
- To enable shared purchases for iOS and macOS, I had to release a new app on the Mac App Store. Instructions on how to migrate to the new version can be found here. Your notes and purchases will be automatically transferred to the new app.
You can now create multiple levels of categories to organize your notes hierarchically. Long-press (or right-click) on a category and select “Move…” to assign it to another category. On iOS, you can also drag a category to the bottom of your screen to move it.
The category list has a new look and a few new features. For example, you can collapse the trash or your categories to save space. Protected categories will show a little lock icon.
New icons for categories and notes
You can now choose from a huge selection of modern icons when creating new categories. A search field helps you find the right icon for your category. The same selection of icons is available for your notes as well.
iCloud synchronization on Apple Watch
SnipNotes on Apple Watch will now synchronize with iCloud, which should improve reliability. Notes from your other devices are downloaded directly to your watch without having to open SnipNotes on your iPhone first.
- On Mac, you can now integrate SnipNotes into your shortcuts. Create notes and categories, append text to notes, open notes, and much more.
- SnipNotes is now translated into a total of 10 languages: Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Thank you very much for reading! I hope you enjoy these new features and improvements. If you do, please consider a review on the App Store. Other people read them to see if the app is worth downloading. Thank you! ❤️